The Craigavon Museum Services Philip B Wilson Local History Reference Library is located within the Lough Neagh Discovery Centre on Oxford Island. It is named in honour of the past Museum curator and historian in recognition of his contribution to local history in the Craigavon area.
The library offers a range of resources to which the Museum is continually adding. Resources include:
– More than 2,000 books and journals covering Local and Irish history
– A Quaker library containing around 700 rare volumes donated by the Ulster Quarterly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends; one of the largest such collections in Ireland.
– A Methodist Book Collection containing over 1,500 rare texts and volumes covering the history of Methodism in Ireland.
– Ordnance Survey maps of the Craigavon Borough dating from the 1800s.
– Extensive photographic collections of the local area, including over 25,000 images from the Craigavon Development Commission.